Window 2000 enter correct password, message windows can not log you on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window 2000 enter correct password, message windows can not log you on

HI, First time here, hope you can help. I have a webdesign business, not a computer expert. However, my clients call me for help. Here is the problem. Dick broke down his computer to move. When he set it back up it will not let him login using the admin password he has always had. He tells me he has changed nothing. When he puts in the password, he gets the message "Window can not log you on." He is still in boxes and can't find his os cd. I have read all your advice and hope there is a way I can help Dick without overwriting the hd with a new operating system. Thank you, Cindy

Re: Window 2000 enter correct password, message windows can not log you on

Is that the message verbatim?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Was he on a domain??

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
        Is that the message verbatim?
        It is the first of the message. He says after that he gets all the tips, make sure your cap lock is not on, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
          Was he on a domain??
          No, just a standard home computer.

Comment

Originally posted by cindygb1 View Post
            It is the first of the message. He says after that he gets all the tips, make sure your cap lock is not on, etc.
            Sorry, I'll rephrase my question.
            Is "Window can not log you on" the exact wording of the message?
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Have you looked at this

http://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                Yes, I read that article, we tried restore, that didn't work, he can't find his os cd, so does that just leave the 3rd party software? If so what do you recommend?

Thanks, Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by cindygb1 View Post
                  Yes, I read that article, we tried restore, that didn't work, he can't find his os cd, so does that just leave the 3rd party software? If so what do you recommend?

Thanks, Cindy
                  I don't think you have read the article as there are many free tools at the bottom of the page.

Personally i would recommend Winternals Locksmith which did come as part of the Adminpak but doesn't seem to any more.

Comment

Thank you for your assistance. I will let you know how it goes. Cindy

Comment

Working...
                    X