domain renamed, w2k3 administrator disabled can't login

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain renamed, w2k3 administrator disabled can't login

OK... I've had a look around and done some internet searching and whilst I've found things that are relevant, nothing specifically addresses my issue.

I'm sys admin of a small corporate network. Recently the Win2k Small Business Server we were running died. So we replaced it with 3 new Win2k3 Servers, and have seperated the different aspects of what was previously 1 server.

This has been a fairly slow and painful process, because it wasn't done on our schedule, but because of a system problem.

We had 1 addition Win2k3 server attached to the old server. The old server had a different domain name so the Win2k3 machine I'm having trouble with called "monitor" has not yet been joined to our new domain.

That's the situation (excuse my long winded ness). The problem though is that I can't log onto the "monitor" machine because there are no local accounts with admin rights.

Does anyone know how to modify the registry or policy to allow the local administrator to log on?

Re: domain renamed, w2k3 administrator disabled can't login

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=2438 "sigh".
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I assume you're saying I put this in the wrong spot.

My appologies. I shall try and find a more relevant spot.

The administrator password was forgotten, but I have reset it, and yet still cannot log in.

Comment

Nope, I read your post as not being able to login because of an unknown password. The link was obviously for password recovery. The "sigh" was because I thought you hadn't looked there first. Looks like you can "sigh" at my "sigh". (That's about the size of it) Sorry, really bad pun.

Who installed Monitor? There must have been an Admin account when it was installed.
        Had/has DCPROMO been run on Monitor?
        Can you log on to Monitor as a local user?
        Somewhere in these Forums there is a way to delete the SAM (I think) and then you can logon with a new Administrator profile.
        If you don't have any data on Monitor, blow it away and install it clean. No problems then.

Sorry have to go and get batteries for my keyboard. The constant editing is driving me more nuts than I am.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X