Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win XP SP2 Admin Pass Lost.

hi,
    I am unable to log in to my administrator id as i have forgotten the Password for the same. i have tried the alternate logon trick but to no avail. I keep getting an error message - "System Error 5, Access is denied." This is flashed as soon as i type NET USER ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD. My system is not networked and these are the accounts on it.

local user accounts:
    User
    local system accounts:
    1 Administrator (admin)
    2 Guest
    3 HelpAssistant
    4 Mc Donald's (admin)
    5 SUPPORT_388945a0

Kindly help as there is no floppy disk or cd drive.
    Waiting for a reply,

Shiningbhaskar.

Re: Win XP SP2 Admin Pass Lost.

Hi there,

Hmm not a good memory
    Don't worry follow this link and you soon wil be able to logon back to your computer http://www.petri.com/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Allmost forgot to say good luck m8

Comment

So why don't you log on the "Mc Donald's" account and change the admin password from there?

The LOGON.SCR trick (I believe that's what you are referring too?) hasn't worked for some time as best I can tell. Microsoft closed that back door. Search this site for LOGON.SCR and/or look at my post from earlier today:

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=330

Ciao,

Rick
      Last edited by rvalstar; 26th December 2006, 01:17.
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

The Trick to Recover the Admin Passwd

hi this is chetan
        i too was in a same situation. but after a long search i got the trick what u do is 1st boot from the cd i saw that u dont have cdrom but its necessary to get that boot it from the cd then go to repair the os not in the advanced recovery console after that setup will start repairing and when the Installling Devices will come at the left hand corner at that time press shift+F10 u will get a command prompt then in that type NUSRMGR.CPL u will be getting the window of Control panel in that type the paaword u wish for the admin account and close and dont close the setup process after that when it is completed it will reboot st that time give the password it will work if it is not working plz give me the feedback if it is working also tell me ok hope u will get out ofthis prob ok bye bye take care jus give me the message on this id [email protected] ok waiting for ur reply

Comment

If you just do the repair without the Shift-F10, doesn't it reset the SAM anyway and ask you for a new Administrator password?

If not (been a while since I did a repair), here's a nice link to a recipe for this Shift-F10 approach:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=305

As always, no express or implied warranty nor any recommendation to pursue this approach.
          Last edited by rvalstar; 6th November 2006, 11:05. Reason: Added web link
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
          X