my admin left with the password

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my admin left with the password

Yeah... I am having a problem with my network and went to go see what it was and have been denied access to the admin for windows XP settings because I don't have the password, I'm excited. My admin left recently on good terms, but he did not tell me that he had passwords for the network, I would have asked for those. Is there any way I cam gain access with out installing stuff or hooking this computer up to another, stuff that is a wee bit over my head. Some help would be much appriciated.

TTFN

Caitlin

Re: my admin left with the password

Originally posted by outis00
    Yeah... I am having a problem with my network and went to go see what it was and have been denied access to the admin for windows XP settings because I don't have the password, I'm excited. My admin left recently on good terms, but he did not tell me that he had passwords for the network, I would have asked for those. Is there any way I cam gain access with out installing stuff or hooking this computer up to another, stuff that is a wee bit over my head. Some help would be much appriciated.

TTFN

Caitlin
    *speechless*

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by outis00
      My admin left recently on good terms, but he did not tell me that he had passwords for the network, I would have asked for those.
      Well since your admin left on good terms, the best solution is to call him up and ask him what the password(s) is.
      You have to admit, there's something fishy about your post...
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
        Well since your admin left on good terms, the best solution is to call him up and ask him what the password(s) is.
        You have to admit, there's something fishy about your post...
        /signed

There are tools that solve the problem you are addressing, but if you are on good terms with the admin - please just ask him. Most of the members of this forum are him, we are the Admin, and I think anyone of us would appreciate a call rather then having someone hack the server. By the way, kind of a poor hand over from him not giving you guys the passwords... I mean, come on!
        A wise man once said: "Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups".

Any advice I give is to the best of my knowledge, there is no guarantee what so ever that it will actually work in your particular scenario. I will not accept any responsibility for unexpected consequences, after all - you are taking advice from a complete stranger over the internet. =)

Comment

I would love to get a hold of my admin, have been trying for about a month trying to prevent this situation. All I want is the password. Some people have told me he's moved out of the state, other people have told me he's gone home, I have no clue. Anyway, I am trying to install a new wireless modem on our computers, but I can't because of the password. I would love to get a new admin so that I don't have to deal with this, but I don't do the hiring and firing. My network needs some work, but I can't so any of it until I get that password. Any help would be appreciated, especially, as I have been told, you guys are the admins.

thanks,

Caitlin

Comment

This is now a lost/forgotten Admin Password thread and as such I have moved it here form the Windows XP Forum.

outis00, read the options at the following link and try them until one works. http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=2438
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X