Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget the Administrator Password (I still log in the window)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget the Administrator Password (I still log in the window)

Hi all,

I had facing a terrible thing I had just forget the password I changed on last 24 hours.

I am using the window server 2000. It is a workstation no have any domain. I just changed my password because I using the alt-ctrl-del to change the password. BUT I forget it.. So now I still not yet log it off..

Any ideal for me to change my password thru the registry or what ever. Please kindly reply..

Very thanks to your response
    Ang

Re: Forget the Administrator Password (I still log in the window)

This should work but I don't have a 2k machine to test on right now.

-Create a new user and add him to the administrators group. Right click the user to make sure the "Set Password" or equivalent is there. (this is the part I need to verify)
    -Log off and then log on with the user you just created
    -Open the Local Users and Groups console and then right-click -> Set password on your original account.
    -Log off and then log on with the original account (using the password you just set) and then delete that new admin you created in the first step

WARNING - if you use EFS decrypt all your files before you perform these steps!!!

HTH
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW
      This should work but I don't have a 2k machine to test on right now.

-Create a new user and add him to the administrators group. Right click the user to make sure the "Set Password" or equivalent is there. (this is the part I need to verify)
      -Log off and then log on with the user you just created
      -Open the Local Users and Groups console and then right-click -> Set password on your original account.
      -Log off and then log on with the original account (using the password you just set) and then delete that new admin you created in the first step

WARNING - if you use EFS decrypt all your files before you perform these steps!!!

HTH
      Hi, I can't find out any icon to create the new user? I mean at the control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by johnangxun
        Hi, I can't find out any icon to create the new user? I mean at the control panel.
        I had settled my problem already. But I do not create a new user. I directly reset the password.

Thanks alot!

Comment

Very good. It didn't occur to me that you could reset your own password. Glad you got it sorted.
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
          X