Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no screensaver comes up

Hi,
    I've followed all the steps for the LOGON.SCR trick however no screensaver ever comes up. It has stayed at the login screen for hours. Any suggestions? TIA

Re: no screensaver comes up

what operating system?
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Windows 2000 server.
      In the post about the login trick, there was mention of a register edit but I can't fnid anything additional on that. I'll keep lookin'

Comment

wondering if anyone has gave this any thought or has seen this problem before.

Comment

Have you tried any of the other tools like the cd boot?

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I've been trying using the boot disk (http://ebcd.pcministry.com/). I change the password but when I go to login, it doesn't work. (although its pretty straight forward) Are there any step-by-step instructions? Has anyone had an "aha" moment with the boot disk once they got it to work? TIA

Comment

Hi all, I've been trying using the boot disk (http://ebcd.pcministry.com/). I change the password but when I go to login, it doesn't work.

To make sure I'm not a (complete) idiot I tried it on a different windows 2000 machine (this time professional and not server) and it worked there. Is it because its a w2k server?

Is my locked machine extra special?

Comment

WFP will restore the original LOGON.SCR. See my post here to understand why the LOGON.SCR hack no longer works:

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=330

Ciao,

Rick
                Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
                X