No announcement yet.

Unknown Password

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Password

My father passed away unexpectedly several months ago. He owned an HP Compaq tc1100 with Windows XP Tablet Edition. Last week my mother sent it to me, but when I turned it on it asked for the password. I looked through the small notebook that was in the case with the tablet PC but I was unable to locate a password.

I read some of the possible solutions but I donít have enough computer savy to understand what solution might work for my situation. I would appreciate any help or guidance, but if thereís nothing that can be done to get around this problem thatís fine because even if I canít use it, Iíll keep it around for sentimental reasons. Thanks for any replies.

Re: Unknown Password

You should start by reading the forum notes, they point to an article on my site that has a few options. Option #1 (Loginrecovery) will either cost you a for bucks (not more than a few) and will provide you with the lost pwd, or use the free option, which will do the same but will take some time to complete.

If that's too techy for you I suggest you talk to someone in your area that is more computer - savvy, ask them to help you out, they might understand the detailed instructions on my article.

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services

I will read the forum notes, where can I find them?

Password Recovery Options -
        Departed: 23rd December 2015