Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admin Password Forgot (Tryed Everything on this site and many others)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Password Forgot (Tryed Everything on this site and many others)

Hi

First of all i would like to say sorry for this topic once again (People must be sick of this)

Basicly, I have a pc from my Dads work (no it isnt stolen) and Im locked out of all accounts except one, which is the guest account and i have tryed every possible solution to get back into the Account, i have tryed reboot the whole pc but the CD-Drive isnt set for to be its 1st option. So then i tryed many solutions to make it the 1st Driver but ... It failed. So then i tryed to use the same ideas/program but putting the image file on a floppy..it failed.

EDIT : I HAVE TRYED EVERY SOLUTION BUT THEY ALL RELY ON REBOOT,WHICH THE PC ISNT SET UP TO DO ??

Ive tryed everything to Get access to the Admin acount/wipe the pc clean.

Does anyone have a sollution to Wipe Clean,Reboot or Gain Access to The Admin Account ??

Thanks in Advance

Luke

p.s [if possible email me the solution to [email protected] ]
    Last edited by therethere; 3rd September 2006, 13:37.

Re: Admin Password Forgot (Tryed Everything on this site and many others)

What is the make and model of the PC?
    Last edited by danielp; 4th September 2006, 21:43.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

On System Configurations it says Its a IBM X86 Family 6 Model 8 Steeping 3 (Really old pc)

EDIT : ITS WAS ORIGIONAL IN WINDOWS NT OR WINDOW 98 AND IT RECENTLY GOT UPGRADED WITH RAM AND WINDOWS XP

Comment

Someone please help !

Comment

You need to configure your computer's BIOS to boot from a CD/DVD. Can you do that? If not, why not?
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
            You need to configure your computer's BIOS to boot from a CD/DVD. Can you do that? If not, why not?
            Oki, i try doing the "Press DEL" when the pc starts thing but...it failed do is there a guide or a any help avalible

Cheer for all you help

Comment

You need to get into your BIOS. This is usually done by pressing DEL of F2 or another key (depending on your computer manufacturer) right after the computer starts.
              Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
                What is the make and model of the PC?
                Can you provide the maKe and model? (Please do not put "IBM X86 Family 6 Model 8 Steeping 3" as that is the processor info.)

If it is a laptop the model number should be underneath the device. The make could be Dell, Compaq, IBM, HP etc, etc.

[Thank you to my personal spellchecker )
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hm ?

Its just says IBM on the front...no extention to it name...would some picture help

Its a very old pc

Comment

Probably not. I was trying to find the model number so as to determine if the thing would boot from a CD. This link will help you getting into the PC's BIOS so you can change the boot order.

It may be F1 (as per the link). As soon as you power the PC start pressing the F1 (or appropriate key). You will then need to look through the settings to find the boot order and set it so the CD boots first. Once that is done you can try the various suggestions that are listed in the stickey at the top of this forum.

Post back with questions.
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

WoW your amazing...thanks

Ill give it ago

Comment

Well i got to my Setup Config..by pressing "F1"

When i get on there, there is no options which it makes it possible to make my Drive the 1st choice for boot

The Options are :-

System Summary
                        Product Data
                        Devices and I/O Ports
                        Start Option
                        Date and Time
                        System Security
                        Advanced Setup
                        ISA Legacy Resoures
                        Power Managment

(Ive searched throught all of them but there nothing that would seem the right thing to do to me...but then again im not very good with pc's)

So what would you recoment i change

Cheers for everything

Luke

Comment

I recommend you to find someone who is good in computers.
                          I think that this will be an endless story...
                          Marcel
                          Technical Consultant
                          Netherlands
                          http://www.phetios.com
                          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

START OPTION seems a good place to begin?

As said, get an expert, or go to the IBM site and see if you can locate it by serial number
                            Tom Jones
                            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                            IT Trainer / Consultant
                            Ossian Ltd
                            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Could you please use the forums rather than emailing! That way everyone can share in your question and any answers.

Hi

I Posted a thread on www.petri.com about reseting/deleting the administrator password...and well ive descorved my pc resets from floppy disc so i was just wondering if you knew of any pc reboot programs that use a floppy disc.

Thankyou in advance
                              I think you want a password reset program on floppy disk?

Did you use ? http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...t+floppy&meta= The first link is to one of Daniel's pages about a PASSWORD RESET FLOPPY. There are over a million other links

Personally I would follow Dumber's advice: get a professional to sort it out. If there is any valuable data on the laptop they will recover it first. If there is no valuable data, why not reinstall XP and start from scratch.

I notice you have still not given us any information about the model. We know it is an IBM but there must be some badges on the front or stickers on the back that give more information about the model.

Tom
                              Tom Jones
                              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                              IT Trainer / Consultant
                              Ossian Ltd
                              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                              X