Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails get rejected because of SPF check

Dear All,
    I have mail server (Fedora/Sendmail) recently some emails sent to our customers get rejected and we receive error MSGs (553 Sender Policy Framework (SPF) fail) , the strange thing is that when I check our domain name in network-tools and toolbox and other sites they show that our domain is clear and no problem with SPF also when I send email to these clients directly from our webmail, they receive the emails only if we send using outlook it get rejected, our smtp is the smtp of our ISP.

Thank you very much in advance

Re: Emails get rejected because of SPF check

you can use mxtoolbox.com/spf.aspx to check if you have a valid spf record

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Re: Emails get rejected because of SPF check

Originally posted by Podium78 View Post
      Dear All,
      I have mail server (Fedora/Sendmail) recently some emails sent to our customers get rejected and we receive error MSGs (553 Sender Policy Framework (SPF) fail) , the strange thing is that when I check our domain name in network-tools and toolbox and other sites they show that our domain is clear and no problem with SPF also when I send email to these clients directly from our webmail, they receive the emails only if we send using outlook it get rejected, our smtp is the smtp of our ISP.

Thank you very much in advance
      I would check the configuration that Outlook uses. Which other email clients do you use? Are they all set up to use the same SMTP server? As you are probably aware, there are different ways to send via SMTP: Relay - via a third party SMTP server, or Direct - end to end delivery of a message. If the latter, then that may be why the SPF verification is failing.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
      X