Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have effects in KDE4 been fixed yet? (Was: Need help...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have effects in KDE4 been fixed yet? (Was: Need help...)

I used to have Ubuntu installed, but honestly, I never used it. It just took up HDD space. I also had XP installed too, but I never really used that anymore either.
    I tried KDE4 out a while back though, and I found the entire effects to be glitchy, and it's not like my video card couldn't handle it (it was a 8800GTS 512 mb). Compiz-Fusion worked great under Ubuntu, so I just came to the conclusion that the effects in KDE4 were poorly written.
    So, have the fixed the effects? I remember the minimizing/maximizing effect being extremely buggy. I probably won't install Linux again until I get a new computer and make my current one a Linux box, but that won't be until around 2011, after I had graduated from college.

Re: Need help...

You need a far better title!
    Changed for you
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Have effects in KDE4 been fixed yet? (Was: Need help...)

Maybe in KDE 4.3 !! http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.3/

Open source products a bit "buggy" or not very suitable for the average user is quite acceptable IMO because you don't have to Pay for it.
      Also problems with KDE shouldn't be attributed to Linux in general. You can use another Desktop env like Gnome if you like.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X