DBX files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBX files

Could someone be kind enough to tell me where the dbx files that are used in OE are stored?
    Thanks in advance.
    OF

Re: DBX files

Open REGEDIT, and search for "Store Root"
    (You'll probably find it under:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\6.0, - depends on your IDENTITY and OE version)

Or even easier:
    Open OE, go to Tools -> Options -> Maintenance, and click the 'Store Folder' button.

Comment

Or, Start, Search, *.dbx - Search
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
        Or, Start, Search, *.dbx - Search
        I would go for this option personally, but if you want the full path :

C:\Documents and Settings\[USER PROFILE]\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{D1F1527E-D560-4A44-9C7D-7FEC48F5590B}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

you will need to view hidden folders etc to find it though. also the bit in {} is different in each case

Comment

Firstly please allow me to apologize for my lack of response,have had some familiar strife and had to take a quick trip.

Many, many thanks for the replies, now I can reinstall all my saved dbx files.

I do hope that I have not upset anybody.
          Regards,
          OF

b.t.w. I had tried the search *.dbx, but that came up with zilch, although I have "show hidden files" hooked off.
          Last edited by OldFart; 9th September 2006, 13:11.

Comment

Pleased it worked out ok for you, we appreciate the reply. I will also look into the dbx not showing up in a Search. (I use Outlook so I don't have those files on my PC)
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X