No announcement yet.

Anyone Know About APC UPS's?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know About APC UPS's?

One of my UPS's is (every now and then) logging errors from the APC PBEAGENT utility. The errors are logged in the event viewer as:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: APCPBEAGENT
    Event Catagory: None
    Event ID: 3031
    Description: Output Load Threshold Exceeded

Then about 10 or so seconds after the above is logged it then logs:

Event Type: Information
    Event Source: APCPBEAGENT
    Event Catagory: None
    Event ID: 1207
    Description: Output Load In Range

I googled this and found a site that says this:

Output Load Threshold Exceeded: The UPS has exceeded the user-defined load threshold.
    Output Load in Range: The UPS load out-of-range condition has been corrected.
    I cannot find anything on this error on APC's support pages, would you say I need to replace the battery? I have a spare here anyway, but I am not sure that it needs replacing, admitidly the ups is at full capacity and I wonder if somewhere the voltage going through it causes it to hit maximum load? There are no warning lights / sounds to suggest there is a problem with the battery etc.

Any idea's?

Re: Anyone Know About APC UPS's?

That error message is basically a warning that the UPS is running at full load.

You DON'T need to replace the batteries.

You may need to invest in a new UPS and remove a server/s from it.

I would be inclined to ask them first what the problem might be.

APC Site and check what is under Warranty Services.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015

Thanks for the advice. I have contacted APC support to ask them about the particular errors.

In the mean time I have managed to move one of the servers off of that particular UPS and on to another one to balance out the load a bit better, both have a bit of load free now so should eliminate any further problems I hope

We have had similar issues and decided to replace our 1400's with something better suited. We got 2 3000 series and they kick ass! 8 servers (psus each) one pus to each UPS and the load has not reached 30% on either!!! Over 40 mins run time on both!

Gotta love that!
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

On a similar note, the Power Chute UPS softrware, I have the agent version installed on the servers that are connected to the UPS via the serial cable (to the comm port) but do I need to install the agent software on EVERY server that is powered by the UPS's? or just the ones that talk to the UPS directly?

Many Thanks.
            Last edited by UKG; 15th August 2006, 12:04.