Subnetting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subnetting

Can anyone help me. I currently use 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.254 with 255.0.0.0 as my subnet mask on a network TCP/IP scheme and would like to find out how I can expand my TCP/IP addresses to accommodate 1,000 hosts using a Windows 2003Server.

Re: Subnetting

Originally posted by du1xj
    Can anyone help me. I currently use 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.254 with 255.0.0.0 as my subnet mask on a network TCP/IP scheme and would like to find out how I can expand my TCP/IP addresses to accommodate 1,000 hosts using a Windows 2003Server.
    Ok firstly this question is in the wrong area of the forum.

And your question makes little sense. You already have a class A subnet! You could use 10.0.1.1 > for any extra hosts!

I would recommend you look into subnetting and at least look at changing to a class B (255.255.0.0)!

Remember... google is your friend!
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Subnetting

Moved to Misc Forum.

I think we should know a bit about your setup and why you need 1000 hosts so we can offer the best possible advice. This subnet you are at present using will provide you with addresses for some 16,777,214 hosts.

There is a plethera of information on the Internet about this but unless you have some basic knowledge about IPs and Subnetting it can get very confusing. (Of course I may have been using the wrong phrases when searching.) However if you want to learn about subnetting and understand it, this Train Signal product is the best I have pesonally come across.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X