Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem writing to an SD card

Hi.
    My question has to do with writing data to an SD card. I have functions that read from the card and write to it. There don't seem to be any problems with reading the FAT, locating a file and reading it in. My problem has to do with writing to the card.
    If I create a file with my software, it is unreadable by Windows, though my software has no trouble locating it and reading it. I do, however, see a directory entry in Windows. In Explorer, for instance, it shows the path, name, size and dates correctly. But when I click on it, Windows tells me that it cannot find the file.

When I check the properties of the file, I can only see the name, type and location. Size, dates and attribute are not shown. What am I missing?
    Thanks for any help or guidance anyone can offer!
    Sallyz

Re: problem writing to an SD card

Have you tried pointing your software to a location on your HDD and duplicating everything else? If the problem persists (which I think it may), then it's got nothing to do w/ the SD card.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What software are you using to write/create the file?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

The software is embedded on an ARM7 microprocessor, and it is written by two people at my company: one who wrote the low-level drivers, and myself, who wrote the stuff dealing with the FAT.

Our software can locate and read any Windows-created file, as well as the file that I create. Also, I can read an existing Windows-created file and change its contents using our software. If I can change the contents of the file and see the difference using windows (after removing the card from the target and placing it in a card reader), then the file is being written to the correct location.

I'm still stumped.
        Sallyz

Comment

Problem solved. The entry for file name and extension in the directory must be in upper case letters. (I had it in lower case.) Windows can now open the file that we create.
          Sallyz

Comment

Thank you for posting back with your solution.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X