Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software to Track Data Transfer

Hi There.

I want to know if there is an application that i can track users data transfer. We have an employee that might be leacing us very soon and our data is highly confident and very crucial that they cannot remove this data off site. Without having to remove any computer hardware i actually want to try and catch him out.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Software to Track Data Transfer

Assuming it is a Windows environment you can use Security policies to track which files are being accessed. I dont know if you can catch if they are being copied and where to, but its a start.

Tom
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian.

The problem is though, that they use the same files during work hours, so they could just start writing CD's or coping to flash drives during work time without anyone knowing.

Is there away of disabling CD writers and USB ports on a computer wihtout physically going to the PC and doing so?

Comment

How to disable USB drives.

Does this person have a CD burner on their PC or do they have a laptop?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

They are using a desktop with a CD writer in it.

Comment

If it is just the data you want to check going in and out from his pc you could possibly use a packet sniffer.

This will tell you if data is being copied to an external source. It should also give you the IP address of where he is copying it too.

Good luck in your hunt.

Dean

Comment

Working...
            X