Stop IE launching instead of Mozilla Firefox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop IE launching instead of Mozilla Firefox

I use Firefox for all my browsing needs, but I need to keep IE around for web dev and the odd IE only page.

Is there a way to stop IE launching from things like MSN? I don't want IE launching to check/send email, i want firefox to do it...

Anything I can do?

Thanks

Is there a way to stop IE launching from things like MSN? I don't want IE launching to check/send email,
    Could you be a little more precise ? Do you mean MSN Explorer, MSN Messenger ?

Is your email client web-based (like Hotmail or Yahoo) or do you use Outlook Express on your home PC ?

For starters, both MSN components are PART of Windows, and so is IE...

Although I don't use Mozilla FireFox, it is just another browser. You can have both, but IE based apps will launch by default.

If you're using XP, you can change the default browser to be "other" in All Programs>Set Program Access & Defaults at the top of the All Programs menu.

Summary: you cannot stop IE from launching altogether.

Comment

I meant MSN Messenger.
      Eg when you right click on a contacts and select 'send email' or when you click on an email notification popup or the 'New email messages' link in the main window...
      I use the web interface to check hotmail emails recieved in the account i use for msn. When I click a link in outlook, it opens in Firefox

I set Firefox as default a while ago, but i guess it was too much to expect it to be able to keep IE in check altogether...

Ah well, guess I can live with a buggy, slow browser with no built in ad-filtering for a few minutes now and then

Thanks
      Kefka

Comment

Working...
      X