Looking For a Blog Server Software...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For a Blog Server Software...

We are looking for some software to run an internal blog server for or IT department. The biggest issue that we are trying to overcome is to locate a solution that will permit us to allow multiple people create and edit posts.

Does anyone out there know of any products that may offer this? We are willing to go with either free or pay version of the product.

I have recommended that we go with a forum based solution and to make everyone a moderator but that was shot down as the forum idea would get too big. They said they may eventually move to a forum but they would rather not do that now. I half way hope that there is nothing that really fits our needs so that we can just set up a forum and be done with it.

Re: Looking For a Blog Server Software...

Blog Server
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
      Been there done that....

The problem is that everything that we have found so far will not allow multiple people to post and edit posts. The way most people set up blogs is that they have a single person post and keep it up to date like a diary that you are sharing to the world. This would be so much easier if they would just let me set up a forum with everyone in the department being a moderator.

Comment

If you are using Windows 2003 Server, have you thought about using SharePoint?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
          If you are using Windows 2003 Server, have you thought about using SharePoint?
          Yes, the majority of our servers are Windows 2003 Servers however I think (may be wrong here) that we need to be using Office 2003 as well to use SharePoint. I have used it in the past at my last job but I wasn't the one that set it up there. Currently we are using Office 2000 on all the workstations, Windows XP Pro for the OS and most of our servers are 2003. Whatever we end up going with would likely go on a new server and would be Windows 2003 Server. SharePoint is a great idea. Thanks for mentioning it. I don know that Office 2003 was evaluated but the higher ups decided to wait until the next version of Office comes out before making the move. I think that will be Office 2007. That said there are a few of us in IT that have Office 2003 licenses. These were purchased for us to evaluate. Since this is a solution mainly for our department I should look into how many people don't have it and see if I can swing upgrading just the IT Department to Office 2003. We may only need a few more licenses to make it work. That is provided that it is required to make SharePoint work. I may have to look into this a little more.

Comment

Working...
          X