Adobe xi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe xi

I have a user trying to take a 3 page adobe file and only save page 2 to her local drive, but when we go to save it it fails.

here is how she is doing it.

opens the doc
    goes to file>print>
    chooses adobe printer
    then choose page 2
    and then hits print we get the following error

printer not activated, error code -20.

does anyone know of a free software that will allow her to save certain pages in a pdf to email to a client?

Thanks
    JK
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jknipper; 9th April 2015, 17:23.

Re: Adobe xi

Is this Adobe Reader or full Adobe Acrobat?

I have just tried exactly what you did in Reader XI and no issues - the page arrived at FinePrint (my default printer) without problems, although I didn't try sending it to a physical printer

I don't have Adobe Printer as an option, suggesting you have full Acrobat - if so, can you print other documents to it?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

HI tom, thanks for the response. It is the downloaded reader from adobe. its labeled as XI
      no other docs will work too.
      thanks
      JK

Comment

ok, si found out that the printer it was using for the pdf file save was an old accounting software printer, so i removed the application, and cleaned up the registry and removed adobe. I then downloaded adobe XI reader from my app server, installed and rebooted the laptop., and i still don't see in the print properties window to be able to save to adobe PDF file??

am i doing something wrong??

Thanks
        JK

Comment

I don't think you can with Reader - you need full Acrobat
          However, there are a number of free PDF printers (see https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ad...ee+pdf+printer)

I have used CutePDF but others may have alternative suggestions
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

so i called Adobe, the version we have doesn't allow to save. ugh..

closing this help thread.

JK

Comment

Re: Adobe xi ***RESOLVED**

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              I don't think you can with Reader - you need full Acrobat
              However, there are a number of free PDF printers (see https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ad...ee+pdf+printer)

I have used CutePDF but others may have alternative suggestions
              yup Tom, that was my issue, thanks for the assistance it was greatly appreciated.

JK

Comment

We've used CutePDF Writer for many years. Works well. You'll be able to open a PDF doc in Adobe Reader, select CutePDF Writer as your printer and print just the pages you require.
                A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
                X