Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Read Reciept on Reading Files

Hi,

I would like to know if the following is possible and if so, how..

I have a large selection of manuals in electronic format such as PDF, and I am wondering if there is anything on the market software wise that can ensure an administrator/director are aware when the manual has been read by employees and electronically signed automatically to confirm the manual has been read.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,.

Liam

Re: Automatic Read Reciept on Reading Files

Probably many other solutions, but SharePoint and an appropriate workflow triggered when the file is opened should do the trick - it might take a little work as IIRC the default triggers for workflows are create or edit content, but I'm pretty sure you can also trigger them on open. If not, auditing will give you the information you need anyway
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Automatic Read Reciept on Reading Files

Or how about a PS script to regularly read the file's 'Last Accessed' property? Compare that against a co-incident privilege use in the file server's security log and you've got user name as well.
      *RicklesP*
      MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X