Looking for a good remote support software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good remote support software

I'm used to using Logmein, but I want to see what else is out there, for managing remote PC access.

Teamviewer looks good and I like the one off pricing.

Vnc seems a bit expensive.

Bomgar I can't even find pricing!

Any others worth looking at?
    David Silvester
    Systems Administrator

Re: Looking for a good remote support software

labtech makes a package we use here in Tampa. supports RDP, VNC, uVNC, telnet, ssh, etc...

really nice piece of software. very useful and not super expensive...

we use it in conjunction with ConnectWise for tickets and RMM.
    Last edited by James Haynes; 9th October 2014, 21:30.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Just had a quick look. It's looks really good. I like the sound of the workstation deployment that is mentioned in the ROI calculator.
      David Silvester
      Systems Administrator

Comment

its pretty versatile software. it even updates tickets and sends out emails to clients, schedules updates, alerts for blacklisted software, monitors AV, watches hardware, you name it, it does it.

its cool because they are right here in Tampa and their development team is really cool. anything we ask them to do or fix, they jump on it.

we currently have about 2,000+ clients we manage with labtech... all from a single console and only one set of credentials to do whatever you want to do.
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Sounds really good. Sounds like it would be expensive though (as it sounds like an all in one solution).
          David Silvester
          Systems Administrator

Comment

Moving to Misc forum
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

VNC IMO is pretty much enterprise class. It's great if you have AMT on all of your machines so you can connect to the onboard KVM and do remote rebuilds. It's like having iLO/DRAC on desktops and laptops, but as you say not cheap.

Make sure whatever you choose is compatible with UAC though. Most are now, but not all.
              BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
              sigpic
              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

When in Rome, I choose LogMeIn Hamachi (VPN) and a lot cheaper than LogMeIn. Good for corporate support but absolutely no good for the Home versions of Windows due to their no RDP support.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

for something similar to Labtech (although not as advanced) try Naverisk.
                  It gives remote control (either vnc or RDP) as well as inbuilt ticketing, alert management, and other things. It's aimed at MSPs but would work well for a single organisation.. create each location as it's own site.. so you could have different policies and administrators for each site.

what it doesn't do though, is GPO tie-ins.

I can set you up a demo on my hosted product if you wish, if you like it, can move ahead direct with naverisk

think it's something like 4K a year for 150 or 200 seats ?
                  Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

You can try on premise R-HUB remote support servers for all your remote support need. It provides a simple and easy to use interface and works on all platforms viz Windows, MAC, Android, iOS etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X