Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SharePoint 2007 site dropdown issue

Bit of a strange one this.

Each of our main sites tabs (in this case a project site) by default displays each site within it when you select the tab dropdown.

What I am finding with everyone (excluding moss admin), is that the dropdown will only display sites from A to S. If I login as moss admin the dropdown displays them all.

I know the sites are accessible because if I go to the main project site I can see all the sites in there.

I cannot seem to fathom out why this is the case. If I create a new site and start it with the letter B, sure enough it displays as a selectable site I can goto.

Any ideas?

Re: SharePoint 2007 site dropdown issue

So when you create an extra site starting with B that the end users also see, does one of the sites beginning with S disappear from their view?

Comment

If I add myself to another site e.g. BB for 'read', it displays in the dropdown and the last site I can see in the list is still there.

I've narrowed it down to the last that will show starts Sp, but the site after it starting St won't.

Comment

Bit more to add, if I add myself to site collection administrators then the dropdown fully populates

Comment

...and a bit more, I've noticed that for the site that has all the sub-sites, in navigation settings, Navigations Editing and Sorting the list is only showing upto said site too.

Wondering is something is corrupt!

Comment

Can you create a new web app and site collection (so an entirely new database) and attempt to reproduce the problem? That would rule out database corruption on the current site collection
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorted, it was this:-

If you’ve run into the 50 site limitation in the site directory listing you can use the following method to increase the size limit. The Table of Content (TOC) Web part is used to display the site directory listing. If you were using SPS 2003 before you may have thousands of sites listed in the TOC Web part but if you upgrade it to MOSS 2007 you will notice that only the first 50 sites are displayed.
              Edit the IIS web.config file located in:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\YourSite Name80 on each front-end Web server. Make sure that you edit the correct web.config file.

DO NOT edit the SharePoint web.config file located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\CONFIG\.

Set the DynamicChildLimit value to "0" if you don’t want any limits. Otherwise, set it to a number that you would like.

For each provider listed below, add the DynamicChildLimit value, as shown in bold below. The following example sets the size limit to zero (unlimited).

<add name=”GlobalNavSiteMapProvider” description=”CMS provider for Global navigation” type=”Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Navigation.P ortalSiteMapProvider , Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=70ac9876ab9ca575″ NavigationType=”Global” EncodeOutput=”true” DynamicChildLimit=”0″/>
              <add name=”CombinedNavSiteMapProvider” description=”CMS provider for Combined navigation” type=”Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Navigation.P ortalSiteMapProvider , Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=70ac9876ab9ca575″ NavigationType=”Combined” EncodeOutput=”true” DynamicChildLimit=”0″/>
              <add name=”CurrentNavSiteMapProvider” description=”CMS provider for Current navigation” type=”Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Navigation.P ortalSiteMapProvider , Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=70ac9876ab9ca575″ NavigationType=”Current” EncodeOutput=”true” DynamicChildLimit=”0″/>
              <add name=”CurrentNavSiteMapProviderNoEncode” description=”CMS provider for Current navigation, no encoding of output” type=”Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.Navigation.P ortalSiteMapProvider , Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=70ac9876ab9ca575″ NavigationType=”Current” EncodeOutput=”false” DynamicChildLimit=”0″/>

Comment

Working...
              X