Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switcing careere security to web design/development

Dear Members,

I am looking on guidance on career change I work in security but i have no passion in this domain, i find enjoyment to code in HTML & CSS and would like to see if there is a way for me to reorientate my career towards web design/development, eventually i am contemplating to lear javascript & PHP.

The biggest obstacle is convincing an employer to hire someone with no experience, has anyone overcome this dilema and if so how?

Thanks for any advice, have a great day.

BR

salv236
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Re: switcing careere security to web design/development

Originally posted by salv236 View Post
    I am looking on guidance on career change I work in security but i have no passion in this domain, i find enjoyment to code in HTML & CSS and would like to see if there is a way for me to reorientate my career towards web design/development, eventually i am contemplating to lear javascript & PHP.

The biggest obstacle is convincing an employer to hire someone with no experience, has anyone overcome this dilema and if so how?
    I'd recommend checking out www.webdesignforums.net for these questions (and answers - I'm an admin there). In short, learn stuff on the side, do sites for free for charities / friends / etc. to build up your portfolio. LEARN THE BUSINESS SIDE - protect yourself with contracts, etc.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X