Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is FTTP installed?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the actual method to which FTTP is installed? As I understand it you have your fibre which runs from the exchange to a node (how many properties can be fed from a node?) also (not to get confused with FTTC as it doesn't touch a cabinet).

You then have fibre from the node to the property - I think Im correct in saying the cable from the node (usually black with a yellow stripe) has 10 cores - is a single core taken from the node to the property or do they take the whole 10 core and then just feed 1 to the property?

If anyone could point me in the right direction for info on this or even enlighten me that would be fandabby dozy.

Thanks!

Found this if anyone's interested - seems to explain it fully http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/show...llation-Videos
    Last edited by 5habbaranks; 12th February 2014, 15:04.

Re: How is FTTP installed?

I know they "blow" the fibre using HP air down existing conduits, presumably the one for the copper wires (OK, Aluminium if - hello Gordon - you live in Hastings )
    From business Fibre installs, they run multiple cores and only connect the ones they need - makes future repairs easier unless someone takes out the whole bundle
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: How is FTTP installed?

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      I know they "blow" the fibre using HP air down existing conduits, presumably the one for the copper wires (OK, Aluminium if - hello Gordon - you live in Hastings )
      From business Fibre installs, they run multiple cores and only connect the ones they need - makes future repairs easier unless someone takes out the whole bundle
      Thanks, I was trying to find out exactly how they split the "core" fibre to the different properties. I think they run from the aggregation node to secondary nodes and each secondary node serves something like 10 properties - "I think"...

Comment

Working...
      X