Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you plan and test\migrate to a different mail filter provider?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you plan and test\migrate to a different mail filter provider?

Happy new year!

Its coming to the end of a contract with our mail filter\security provider and I was looking to test other companies. One that I've got my eye on is Spamtitan which I've known other companies to use and have had positive feedback.

But Im curious to know how long you guys give it to test before your happy to make a move? Also if anyone has anything to add about if they've had good\bad experiences from them that would be ideal.

Re: How do you plan and test\migrate to a different mail filter provider?

inbound, it's not really something you can test, unless you have multiple domains and you can capture statistics based on individual domains..

if you did, then you could have one domain coming in one filter, and one in the other, then provide comparisons.

for outbound, I expect you could possibly have two send-connectors with equivalent priorities.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: How do you plan and test\migrate to a different mail filter provider?

Considering the amount of spam out there a month (max) should be plenty of time for you to test as that will allow you to tweak the service until you are satisfied with its performance and test the reporting functions, white/black-listing time etc etc.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
      X