No announcement yet.

SharePoint 2010 - Reading in emails

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SharePoint 2010 - Reading in emails

Apologies if this is the wrong section to post in, as I couldnt find any section in particular relating to sharepoint, I thought it may be best to drop it here?

Apologies mod's if this is incorrect, I would appreciate a steer in the correct direction!

I have recently started to dabble in SharePoint 2010. My team in our company are trying to integrate outlook into SharePoint so that we have a more centralised system.
    At this time, I have the email address linked up, and when I send an email in, the email is picked up from exchange, and dropped into a list.
    I have managed to use this in a workflow, and so far have only successfully extracted from this, the main stumbling block appears to be the extract of the Body of the email. I have looked around and can find no particular object in sharepoint as the Subject, To or From fields appear.
    A bit of research suggests that I need SPEmailMessage code writing, but I haven't got a great idea on how to implement this, which is why I come seeking your knowledge!
    Is anyone here familiar with, or managed an integration of this method, who may be able to offer guidance on how is best to achieve this?
    Many thanks for reading.

Re: SharePoint 2010 - Reading in emails

Moved to Misc forum as best location.

This example looks as if it gets near your requirements:
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **