Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharepoint Services 3.0

Hello,

I want to create a sharepoint services intranet but on the home page I would like to have the mission and vision statement but I am not seeing the appropiate library to do such any suggestions?

Are there any available themes or template to change the look of Sharepoint services?

Can I have the document library display the documents as icons rather than links?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Re: Sharepoint Services 3.0

You can make any page the home page, so your best bet is to add a new page and generate content as you want - the default home page is (IMHO) crap!

You can define views for the document library, changing columns etc, but AFAIK cannot change from the "one line per doc" view easily
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for responding. How would I or what type of library should I create for the static content? I only want the Heading and the statement to be displayed

Comment

Just an empty web page, not a library
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Tom
          the default home page is (IMHO) crap!
          I don't think I would rate it Click image for larger version

Name:	vomit.gif
Views:	8
Size:	992 Bytes
ID:	466764 as highly as you.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Are you sure you want to use that version?

Sharepoint 2013 Foundation is the latest iteration of the free version of Sharepoint.

Comment

Thank you for that information. Will download and install.

Comment

You will,IIRC, need at least Server 2008R2 to run SharePoint 2013

IMHO the UI is even worse than Biggles described - 2010 looks much better!
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                  You will,IIRC, need at least Server 2008R2 to run SharePoint 2013

IMHO the UI is even worse than Biggles described - 2010 looks much better!
                  ... and it requires a 64bit OS
                  A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
                  X