No Sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sound

i downloaded some videos from my digi cam to the comp... OS--XP... it requried windows media player 9.x and above to run... i upgraded my windows media player from 8.0 to 9.0 at first both audio as well as the video was coming.. now i see only video but no audio.. what should i do...

james

Re: No Sound

sounds maybe stupid, but didn't you mute you're sound?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

You may also need a codec.

Search for k-lite codec pack

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber
        sounds maybe stupid, but didn't you mute you're sound?
        i think you have mistook the issue... i can still play other sound files and videos from the same media player... but whenever i run these files which was download from the digi camera... i don't get the sound which i was getting previouly and i have not installed any new s/w or patch and that comp is not connected to any n/w or internet...

james

Comment

Are you 100% sure you are actually recording sound on your video camera now?
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
            Are you 100% sure you are actually recording sound on your video camera now?
            yes i am recording sound

Comment

What I would do in your case, is open the video file in the (excellent freeware) program virtualdub and then select file --> file information.
              There you will see what kind of codec is used for the video portion and more importantly for the audio tracks.
              There is probably a problem with the decoding of this audio...
              Check the audio compression format of the videos that play well, and compare it to the audio format of the videos that do not play correctly.

Have you tried playing these videos in another software player or an another computer ?

Do you get the sound e.g. in virtualdub when you play the video ?

Comment

Working...
              X