Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiz

Hi All

We have are advertising for IT junior, I have to come up with 10 Basic It question, does anyone have an online quiz I can take a look at? I don't what the question too hard?

Regards,

Re: Quiz

Hi, here are some ideas to get the ball rolling:
    Client:
    1. What function does a bios play in a computer.
    2. How would you go about troubleshooting a hardware problem.
    3. A customer calls saying they can not open a website, which questions do you ask them?
    4. How do you check if a workstation/server is alive? Ping.
    5. How do you make sure a computer is secure? Firewall/AV/anti-malware. Windows updates. On domain with security policies. ect ect.
    6. How do you add a client to the domain?
    7. What is dns,
    8. What is dhcp,
    9. What is WSUS, what does it stand for.
    10. Someone says they can't print, over the phone how to you talk them through troubleshooting it.

There are lots of questions that you can ask.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

There are some good ones on the main site - part 1 here, links to the others at the end(http://www.petri.com/mcse_system_adm..._questions.htm)

Adapt for your environment or for the skill set you have advertised for.

Try to have "problem solving" type questions so you can get some idea of their thought processes rather than their ability to memorise answers (Paper MCSE )
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Problem solving questions are good, i did provide two common ones in my examples. I didn't group them together tho.
        Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
        MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Working...
        X