MS Power Point

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Power Point

When you install MS Power Point and open a PPS file it no longer displays it as a presentation until you change the View. Instead you see it in Power Point for editing.

Is there as easy way to ensure such again always show as presentations unless you actually open say a PPS using Power Point?

Re: MS Power Point

Can you tell us which version of PowerPoint you are using, as well as the OS

AFAIK this is normal behaviour in that installed PowerPoint "kidnaps" all appropriate file types, but you can edit the software used for different file extensions (see links here for XP: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wi...GKaH0AXIlIHwBw)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks.

I am using ver 2007 and a friend is using 2003

Although I opt to use ' Instant email notification' here I no longer receive such emails now I am using Win 7 64 bit

Comment

And what Operating Systems are on your computers?

Note on my (Win8/PowerPoint 2010) machine, I can right click a presentation and SHOW - it goes straight into the display

Not sure if the email notification for the board is broken generally - I don't use it - but there are a number of ongoing problems like the quick reply
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Have you tried installing the PowerPoint Viewer?

I use this and also have PowerPoint 2010 installed and all presentations automatically open in the viewer when they are double-clicked.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...ils.aspx?id=13
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
          X