how to copy a file from Windows XP into DM500s by using PUTTY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to copy a file from Windows XP into DM500s by using PUTTY

hi guys i need your help, I want to copy a file from Windows XP PC from Desktop into DM500s location /var/keys in this Linux BoxDM500s

So i like to know what is the command i have to use in PUTTY to copy a file in DM500s.

1)--1st i login into db500s by using putty, Linux box communicating with putty successfully

2)--2nd i go to this directory "/var/keys" of dm500s by using putty like [email protected] /var/keys

3)--I am trying this command below, i did not get success till now
    cp C:/Documents and Settings/xyz/Desktop/rqcamd.conf [email protected]/var/keys/rqcamd.conf

by using above command i did not success till not, so i need your help, "how i should copy the file from my Windows PC Desktop to DM5oos"

I have a file rqcamd.conf on my PC Desktop. so i want to transfer by using putty.

Thanks for your replies

Re: how to copy a file from Windows XP into DM500s by using PUTTY

Once more, our buddy came up with a long list of links to sites with various asnwers to this type of question, but all included something I don't see in your example: credentials for either resource. My search text was "using putty to transfer files", and the first link on the search I ran goes to this page:

http://www.it.cornell.edu/services/m.../fileputty.cfm

Have a read and compare it to your environment. Is the destination promting you for anything? If not, could the lack of authentication be part of it?
    *RicklesP*
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X