Reinstalling printer (drivers issue)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinstalling printer (drivers issue)

With an HP Pavillion desktop/laptop either running on say Windows Vista or windows 7, connected to a HP printer, if I uninstall the printer driver entirely from device manager and reinstall, will Windows find and install the drivers automatically or does one have to have the driver CD or locate the drivers from HP website?

This is particularly related to the uninstall of printers as well as NICS.

Thanks,

Phil

Re: Reinstalling printer (drivers issue)

Originally posted by Philip View Post
    With an HP Pavillion desktop/laptop either running on say Windows Vista or windows 7, connected to a HP printer, if I uninstall the printer driver entirely from device manager and reinstall, will Windows find and install the drivers automatically or does one have to have the driver CD or locate the drivers from HP website?

This is particularly related to the uninstall of printers as well as NICS.

Thanks,

Phil
    If oyu remove the drivers from the system then you will need to re-install. Windows would generally not pick them up.

Same with NIC's

Comment

Re: Reinstalling printer (drivers issue)

It depends on how the system is configured. I always allow Windows to check Windows Update for drivers. Indeed, HP recommend this when installing drivers where their product is not initially listed in the driver page presented by Windows during automatic detection of a printer (Windows can update the list from its repository).
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
      X