No announcement yet.

WP8 and MS accounts for business

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WP8 and MS accounts for business

Hi all,
    apologies, i didn't know what category this may fit into.

I'm about a deploy 30 WP8 handsets across our business. They will use EAS policy, but to enable our users to backup to skydrive and share data etc, a microsoft (live) account is required.
    Having set one up for myself and tested it, not extensively but i'm happy with it so far, i'm now faced with a dilemma;

Do i have to setup a MS account for every WP8 user? Or is there such a thing as a business account whereby we use one single account that acts as a kind of umbrella for maybe sub-accounts within it? If that makes any sense.
    My understanding of it is that MS accounts seem like a consumer based account, asking for age, gender etc etc.
    One global account would be great, but then i guess when using skydrive everyone will be able to see everything that's on every phone (which can't happen) as everyone will be logged into the same account.

Without me going in circles trying to explain further (and possibly failing), if you understand my dilemma, i'd appreciate any advise you guys have.

Re: WP8 and MS accounts for business

Im assuming your not using Office 365 as your email platform. If you where then once the account is created there then they would automatically have a skydrive account(Skydrive pro I think). Then its just a matter of them logging into the device with those credentials. Sounds like your using the free version of skydrive which isn't manageable by your org. So either they would have to create the accounts (the preferred solution) or you create them. I personally wouldn't create them. I would notify them that they need to setup the account.

Its very much like Google. If you want a Google Drive account you have to sign up for it but if your org is part of a google apps domain then once the user account is enabled then they get drive access.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)