Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office XP Hack Doesn't Work Anymore!!!

I always used Daniel's Office XP CD Key Change when I use my Office on new computers. It worked all the time on every computer I encountered until I installed it on my brand new Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. I did everything the page told me to do and the activation wizard just rejects it. I only have 32 tries left before I have to reinstall the OS to reset that number of activations I do. What am I doing wrong and there other tips I should consult? Either that or I have to go to Office 2000, which is a big shame to me.

I did what Daniel said on this page http://www.petri.com/change_office_xp_cd_key.htm

Reinstalled a billion time, no avail.

Poked with regedit in every combo, no avail.

Works on any other computer before with his tips.

Any ideas to get this working on my Dell?
    Last edited by blacklegion42; 3rd January 2006, 08:13.

Re: Office XP Hack Doesn't Work Anymore!!!

Sorry, maybe my medication isn't working yet, but I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to accomplish.
    How many times have you installed your copy of Office XP onto different PCs or Laptops?
    Have you tried calling Microsoft and attempting a manual activation?
    Is there a copy of Office included with your Dell Laptop?
    If my questions are offtrack, make a plain English post about what you are trying to do. Ta.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
      Sorry, maybe my medication isn't working yet, but I am having trouble understanding what you are trying to accomplish.
      How many times have you installed your copy of Office XP onto different PCs or Laptops?
      Have you tried calling Microsoft and attempting a manual activation?
      Is there a copy of Office included with your Dell Laptop?
      If my questions are offtrack, make a plain English post about what you are trying to do. Ta.
      Ok sorry, maybe I was too furious doing this that I can't even write proper english on my post. I did not contact Microsoft about it, because then I will have to go though a lot of agony just to talk to a rep. My Dell doesn't have Office installed and about 4 PC's worked with the same copy of Office XP (same CD-Key and all) in the past. If that is the case that I have to go through idiotic Microsoft, I guess I will or just don't bother and use my retired 2000.

Comment

Ok, just to make sure I have this straight. You have 4 PCs presently running Office XP (using the same CD Key) and you want to install it on a 5th device, your new Dell laptop. Is this copy of Office XP a multi user version? I know there is a Microsoft Office Small Business Edition that you can purchase and it will allow you to install several copies (don't know how many) using the same CD Key for each installation.

Is your copy of Office XP a Microsoft Office Small Business Edition, or is it a single user copy?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

anytime i see "Hack Doesn't Work Anymore" in the subject it makes me nervious about fixing it. blacklegion42 correct me if i'm wrong but you have a regular old office xp cd not open license or anything and you want to install it on a 5th device becasue you were able to install it on 4 other devices using some method of change the key and know that method doesn't work anymore?
          MCSE 2000\2003, A+
          00000001-00000011-00000011-00000111

Comment

To pcking: yes, and I dunno really if it is a hack and all.

To biggles: It is a single license, it is XP Pro with Frontpage.

Comment

Single Licence ,,,,,, hmmmm nuff said i reckon
              Life's a breeze, so spread your wings and fly baby

Comment

Illegal use of software. Thread closed.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
                  Illegal use of software. Thread closed.

blacklegion42 is banned for breaking the forum rules.

No ilegal stuff here. Period.
                  Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
                  X