Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a DVI-I to DVI-D Adapter Work?

Hi guys,

I'm assuming this is the case, my graphics card has 3 outputs: HDMI, DVI-D, DVI-I.

The screen I'm looking at getting x 3 of for triple screen setup has HDMI & DVI-D inputs.

Can I use an an adapter to convert from my DVI-I port to DVI-D screen input? My question isn't can I get the adapter, but will it work.

Thanks!
    I've been using this online backup for all my photos, docs, spreadsheets, powerpoints & emails for years now & it works great.
    Go Here for their free 5GB: http://www.idrive.com/p=gavamm
    I upgraded to the Personal Plan for peace of mind for not much more than a cup of coffee.

Re: Will a DVI-I to DVI-D Adapter Work?

Ok, so from what I can figure out, DVI-I carries both a digital signal and an analogue signal. The analogue signal goes through the 4 additional pins surrounding the plate on the DVI-D cable.

Using a DVI-D cable (the one without the additional pins) will plug into the DVI-I port and will carry just the digital signal. So you shouldn't even need to use an adapter, just use a DVI-D cable & plug it straight into the DVI-I port.

I will test and update when my hardware gets in.
    I've been using this online backup for all my photos, docs, spreadsheets, powerpoints & emails for years now & it works great.
    I upgraded to the Personal Plan for peace of mind for not much more than a cup of coffee.

Comment

I can now confirm that using a DVI-D cable will plug into the DVI-I port on my graphics card and will carry the digital signal without any issues to the DVI-D inputs on the screen. I've got this working on my triple screen setup with Nvidia GeForce GTX 660ti using 2 x DVI-D cables and an HDMI cable. Hope this helps others with their triple screen setups

Comment

Your feedback is appreciated so Thank You for sharing with the rest or our Community.

What are you running that requires 3 screens (curiosity question) and I hope you weather is warmer than ours. Bloody freezing down here! With luck Wullie is getting a taste of home in BrisVegas as well.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          With luck Wullie is getting a taste of home in BrisVegas as well.

Well i'm sitting here with a nice thick fleece jacket on in the office

I went for a ride on the motorbike on Sunday morning and had to hug the engine half way through it was that cold.

ntopic:

Comment

Working...
          X