Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotus Notes 8.5.2 sort order not saving

Lotus Notes 8.5.2 sort order not saving

I have searched in google for the answer, but mostly get results consisting of "what's new in 8.x.x.x".
    The one possible answer was that dreaded experts-exchange, which is of course subscriber only and hides its responses from guest users.

So my issue is: the sort order is not saving. I have a user that has to keep clicking the column header "date" to keep reordering it by date newest first whenever they close the mail tab and reopen it. It does not save between lotus notes sessions either, so closing and reopening the whole application doesn't work.

Re: Lotus Notes 8.5.2 sort order not saving

Can't help you with Notes, but if you go into Experts-exchange via and scroll way, way down past the adverts, you do get to the answers
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Oh I didn't know that, thank you!
      I found the answer on that page, setting StickyColumnSort=1 in the notes.ini file has fixed the issue and allowed column sorting to be remembered.

Comment

Well done, and thanks for posting back
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X