No announcement yet.

Sage 50 HR installation issue on SBS 2011

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sage 50 HR installation issue on SBS 2011

So far SAGE have not been able to support this issue hence the reason for discussing it here. This is the extract from the install log file which shows the issue:
    Beginning the Install phase of the installation.
    See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\HR Server\Sage.SBD.HR.Remoting.Server.HRService.exe assembly's progress.
    The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\HR Server\Sage.SBD.HR.Remoting.Server.HRService.Insta llLog.
    Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\HR Server\Sage.SBD.HR.Remoting.Server.HRService.exe'.
    Affected parameters are:
    portaddress = 5150
    logtoconsole =
    usedomainaccount = true
    sharepath = C:\ProgramData\Sage\HR
    showcallstack = TRUE
    logfile = C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\HR Server\Sage.SBD.HR.Remoting.Server.HRService.Insta llLog
    dataportaddress = 4197
    assemblypath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\HR Server\Sage.SBD.HR.Remoting.Server.HRService.exe
    language = en
    sharename = SageHR$
    Server install could not be completed
    System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMExcep tion (0x80072037): There is a naming violation.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChan ges()
    at Sage.SBD.HR.Services.Utilities.Security.ActiveDire ctoryManagement.CreateGroup(DirectoryEntry context, String group, String description, ADS_GROUP_TYPE_ENUM groupType, Boolean domainContext)
    at Sage.SBD.HR.Remoting.Server.HRService.Installer.HR ServiceInstaller.CreateUserAndGroups(String serviceAccountPassword)
    at Sage.SBD.HR.Remoting.Server.HRService.Installer.HR ServiceInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)

Installing service SageHRService...
    Service SageHRService has been successfully installed.
    ' the error is "System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMExce ption (0x80072037): There is a naming violation." But carries on the rest of the installation fine, however with this issue the software does not install successfully.

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Re: Sage 50 HR installation issue on SBS 2011

Personally I wouldn't install it on the server. If it's anything like the other Sage 50 family products I'd install it on a workstation, take a backup and then restore the backup to a network share on the server so that the data is centralised and part of the backup regime.

That's how I've always used Sage 50 Accounts or Payroll, and it saves a license being taken up by the server.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    Cruachan's Blog

Are you running the install as Admin or a user with the necessary rights?

Also check your anti virus software isnt causing any problems with the installation. Im guessing youve followed the steps as per

that message tells me it's possibly trying to create a user, or group, that already exists.
        check what user & group it creates - remove them if possible, and try again
        make sure you right click and run-as admin
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

We've used Sage products for many years and I've never installed it on a server. I copy the install folder from the CD to a share and use that to install it on a workstation. When installing on a workstation I always log on as the local administrator. Failure to do this has resulted in corrupted installations.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy