Hand Scanner Recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Scanner Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a reasonable quality high resolution Hand Scanner? 900dpi and full page capability was one she saw but 180+ tabs open on Firefox was too much and it unusually crashed. History has been not help fiding this particular scanner. Click image for larger version

Name:	bang-head-wall.gif
Views:	11
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	469704

My daughter requires one and she has been searching the Net but the reviews of some that have adequate specs get more negative than positive reviews.

I may be able to add more specific info when I get time to look at some for myself but I am hoping some of our thousands of Members and viewers may have some personal experience with them and can add their thoughts on what they have used. or or Click image for larger version

Name:	coffee2.gif
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	469705

Thanks.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: Hand Scanner Recommendations

Was it this one?, its an amazing little device. All the scansnaps are awesome, but a bit pricey.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Docupen:
      http://www.docupen.co.uk/
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Actually replied to this last week but browser crash and lost it all.

Thank you both for the recommendations. Your efforts are greatly appreciated and while neither option was suitable (her majesty, my daughter) told me it needed to be colour and it needed to scan pages in a book. Nice to get the appropriate info at the right time eh.

Nevermind, all was not wasted. Your links led to other sites and yet again other site and she may have found the one that is suitable.

Thank you Lior_S and Tom.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Docupen certainly do a colour one (RC810 a bit further down the linked page) and it will scan A4 width so most books
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Knew I forgotto mention that we found the colour one once I learned how to scroll down the page.

Now after that I was informed by Her Grace that she also required one that had an indicator if you scanned the page too fast. There are some that have an LED that glows when you move the scanner across the page too fast so you get a second shot at it without eating up the Micro SD Card memory.

So though the links you both supplied I think this was one of the finalists but I now notice they also have a new model that wasn't available last week.
            http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Skypix-90...item1e71fb7d81

This one has the scan too fast alert.
            http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MINI-GADG...item3a7245249d

And so does this puppy.
            http://www.stungunmikes.com/docuspy-...nner-unit.html

It is the same as the one above but 50% cheaper. Only real killer is the shipping charge. Amazon also has a similar one at a similar price however I quite like the first one that does 900dpi and it lso indicateds it has the error scanning LED. Prices are very cheap so I do wonder about the quality.

However, as said, we wouldn't have found these without the links you guys provided in the first place. Actually considering getting one myself to help with documenting work sites that need documenting. At least with a PDF my rough drawings can be edited and made "pretty" quicker than using Visio or similar type app and the text can be tidied up a bit easier to.

I did like the DocuPen Mobile Elite with the accessories and protective case however it is a tad more than the stungunmikes one. The shape also looks like it may be difficult to hold until one got used to it with sufficient practice.

My previous reply was quite extensive but the browser crash killed that and since I was due to get up 6½ hours later I didn't get a chance to retype it.

When Lior_S mentions the SnapScan it brought back memories of the old high quality Agfa SnapScans. Never had one of those due to the cost but I did install several and at the time they were a slick unit. About 7 years ago I purchased an expensive Canoscan which also did some neat tricks but now the only way to run it is in XPMode as no Windows 7 drivers. I am finding it very hard to dispose of that scanner because even now it still scan beautifully both text, graphic and old (and new) photos.

Oh poo, got carried away catching up on Net sites I didn't realise it's been 25 hours since I woke up and went to work yesterday.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X