Windows Automated Installation Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Automated Installation Kit

i have 5 new computers, and have gone thru 4 of them already trying to use this WAIK, and everytime i do it, when trying to capture the image, i watch it install on the UFD, but says it will take 6 hours. after 2 hours and 40% complete, each time it fails!!!! saying that it doesn't have enough space. 8 gigs is recommended, i am using 16.

After it fails, i look to see how much was put on UFD and only 100 MB was installed......AFTER 2 HOURS, THAT'S ALL THAT WAS SAVED????????. i have done this 8 TIMES...... ......same #$%&* thing. here is the link. i AM DOING THIS EXACTLY AS IT SAYS. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=ws.10).aspx. I KNOW I'M NOT THE SMARTEST PERSON IN THE WORLD, BUT "C'MON MAN" LOL

I am using a regular windows 7 pro computer as the refrence computer, new out of the box. another working windows 7 as the technician, pretty much new out of the box.

any ideas, on why it is not copying the image?

thanks
    Last edited by Kobe 310; 29th January 2013, 14:26.

Re: Windows Automated Installation Kit

In the middle of installing my coompleted UFD. I read that partitioning the UFD to FAT32 was wrong in another article, had to be NTFS. So that's what i did, and seems to be working so far.
    Last edited by Kobe 310; 29th January 2013, 14:26.

Comment

Re: Windows Automated Installation Kit

NTFS did the trick.

Comment

Working...
      X