No announcement yet.

Locked Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked Mobile

I know there are ways of unlocking a mobile as shown on the internet, which rather makes a mockery of anti-theft. But is there a simple way of checking if a mobile is locked?

When I tried to change the Virgin sim card in a little Alcatel with an Orange card, all it did was to show silly messages like 123 CODE NCK and at the bottom SOS.

Re: Locked Mobile

usually if you try to change the sim and get no signal, it;'s a good sign it's locked
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Not to be confused with entering the incorrect PIN too many times and requiring a PUK key to unlock it (assuming you had the good sense to apply that sort of security to your phone).

[Note to self. Apply an unlock PIN] Click image for larger version

Name:	shithappens.gif
Views:	6
Size:	760 Bytes
ID:	466623
      Departed: 23rd December 2015

Actually I do not have a clue how the thing got locked in the first place, since I rarely go out for long I rarely use it. But thanks I expect you are right. Pity the mobile nerds have not concocted a simple way of detecting if is locked, surely a fundamental purpose of any mobile phone.

As a matter of interest if you visit you will see in tiny white print Orange are making a strange offer until the end of this month with all their fibre optic broadband to allow a discount of 5, merely if you can prove somehow if you just own an Orange mobile. Strangely it does not as one would expect mean as I was informed, you must have a contract mobile, but also applies to a pay as you go, and they do not care if as in my case I rarely use the thing.

However having already paid 11 for an Orange sim card and 10 of top up that needs another 10 to unlock the phone, I will not bother and give the card and top up to a granddaughter. Besides we doubt Orange will tolerate just owning an Orange will qualify for a 5 pm discount every month indefinitely, before they start asking why the mobile is never used, maybe never even switched on!