Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Send And Recive Email With Mdaemon Software In Out Of Lan .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Send And Recive Email With Mdaemon Software In Out Of Lan .

please teach me how to configure mdaemon software to send and receive mails in out of lan.
    thanks

Re: How To Send And Recive Email With Mdaemon Software In Out Of Lan .

Moved to Misc forum as better location

Have you begun by reading the manual?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

where are you having trouble exactly ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
        where are you having trouble exactly ?
        Searching the Net for starters. Click image for larger version

Name:	floggingadeadhorse.gif
Views:	5
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	466622
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes i read it but i couldn't find proper forum for this problem.
          My problem is :
          I want to know how it is possible to connect to mdaemon server from out of lan and where i can config it?

Comment

How about RDPing into the server?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yes, you can do it from outside the lan the same way you do it from inside the lan
              just publish relevant firewall rules.
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I am looking for the way to make required settings to give all clients/users accessibility to their inbox/Mail when they are out of the LAN.
                How should I set the SMTP and IMAP protocols for MDaemon Software to let all users benefit from this service?
                The RDP service is only accessible by Administrator.
                For example users inside the LAN can connect to the MDaemon mail service by using Mail.example.com address.
                I want to use this software to let the clients access their mail from Outside the LAN and via Internet by using mail.example.com : port address.

Comment

I would reckon you should start here

http://www.altn.com/Support/KnowledgeBase/Default.aspx

Comment

1. Ensure your service works correctly inside the network.
                    2. Consider whether you need split-brain DNS for this to work.
                    3. work out which service ports you need to provide your service
                    4. Publish those service ports via your firewall
                    5. Test it all out and make sure it works.
                    6. Make damn sure that SMTP is well secured and not an open relay.

These are high-level steps which should guide you toward your goal.
                    If any of it is unclear, or brings rise to further questions that are not ultra-specific about how to perform a given, exact task or configuration item, then you should hire a consultant to do the work for you.

The reason I include the comment about the consultant is, I've given you enough of a guideline to work out how to acheive what you want to do. If you can't use those stepping stones to help you work it out for your own network and circumstances, you need to consider whether you're the right person to be doing this - because I suspect you won't be.

I'm sincerely hoping your next question will be specific and targetted expressly to a step you are unsure of and also that you will provide an example as to what you think it is, what you've done, and why you think it's not working.

Comment

i sincerely thanks your helpful information

Comment

Working...
                      X