Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieving data from cache

The following url shows a chart generated by amstock

nseindia.com/charts/webtame/webchart.jsp?CDSymbol=NIFTY&Segment=FO&Instrument= FUTIDX&Series=EQ&CDExpiryMonth=&FOExpiryMonth=26-07-2012&IRFExpiryMonth=&CDDate1=&CDDate2=&PeriodType= 2&Periodicity=1&Template=fo_tame_intraday_closing. jsp

clicking on any portion of the chart displays the underlying value used to create the chart.

The data is obviously populated from the webserver as this changes dynamically.

However, if i disconnect the system from the internet, and then refresh the page, the data continues to be displayed. I presume this is being shown from the cache. However, if I close the browser (while continuing to be disconnected from the internet), and then re-open the browser and type in the url, i am not able to retrieve the same data.

Is there any way I can save this data for offline analysis? Any suggestions?

Re: Retrieving data from cache

Safe the webpage from the browser?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Saving the webpage from the browser does not work. When i try to open the saved webpage, no data is being displayed.

Puzzling !!

Comment

As far as i'm aware you will need to remain connected to the internet to view this page.

As a matter of knowing why doesn't saving the page work?? It should save the page as it is at that moment in time.

Comment

True ... it is puzzling as to why I am not able to save the page to view while offline.

Comment

Working...
          X