Iomega NAS 300m and patching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iomega NAS 300m and patching

Anyone here have an iomega NAS 300M and installed windows 2003 SP1. I am in the processes of ensuring all our servers are service packed and patched up to date a have found out that the NAS box requires 59 updates

I have found this on the iomega site:

https://iomega-eu-en.custhelp.com/cg...Y2hlcw**&p_li=

which suggests you can do it but I just wanna double check.

It's running windows 2003 appliance edition

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Iomega NAS 300m and patching

Not to scare you or anything but my only experience with Windows Appliance Edition is that when the box had updates applied (from windows update) it killed the box completely - it had a image facility so we could get it back fairly quickly and we never patched it again... still works now though.

Comment

Re: Iomega NAS 300m and patching

cheers sharper

The information on the website suggests that you can do but the wording of it sounds like they suggest you don't.

The damm thing is ruining my WSUS report - I suppose I could just remove it and forget about it

Anyone else have any stories about windows 2003 appliance edition?

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X