Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a good Driver Resource?

Hi All

I'm just returning to IT following a redundancy 18 months ago (got redeployed into Admin)

What has happened to the driver situation Pay Pay Pay!!!!!

I'm doing a favour for a friend who has a laptop that has been locked down tight, even the offline changer for Admin PW fails (Petter Nordahl-Hagen) and that has never happend before when I've used it.
    So I want to wipe and re-install but obviously want drivers ready prior to the install.

Does anyone have a free driver resource link that does not involve installing and paying for software? I've spent ages on Google
    Its an old laptop but nothing at Toshiba
    The model is Satalite S1000-Z2 iI'm installing XP
    Last edited by AndyUK; 29th April 2012, 01:35. Reason: Update additional resource I found
    The Univurse is still winning!

W2K AD, WSUS, RIS 2003. ISA also AVG Server
    ** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Anyone got a good Driver Resource?

Tried this one??

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...p?nav=download

Comment

Andy, what is the country of manufacture and where was it sold?

http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.c...UPPORT_PORTAL/
      Try the AUTODETECT button or even the Serial Number. USB NIC will get you connected if you can't find the correct network driver. I would bet that it is an Intel of some flavour. I have an Intel driver file that has all the Intel Pro 100 drivers and it auto detects the appropriate driver for the chipset.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...t/jsp/home.jsp
      I would forget the Forums as the model required isn't listed during a search for it. might be worth trying the Contact Toshiba link. You may get a sympathetic support person who may have a link to the drivers.

I just hate sites that produce a product but don't have any information about it. Had a Toshiba to fix once that was purchased in the UK but the drivers were only available from a Japanese site. Go figure. It also wasn't listed on the UK/European website but had lots of Goggle hits for that location.

Failing that, i have a CD that has 25,000 drivers on it. Unfortunately they are not grouped according to device but fortunately XP will search the CD and will "usually" find the correct driver. Still a pain though.
      11 was a racehorse.
      22 was 12
      1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
      ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Comment

Hi Guys

Nice to see you two constants are still around

I've done a little more digging over this weekend and found a Usenet resource that boasts 400'000 (I think its more like 340'00 though. Compacted its 861Mb once the win rar has been run it's at 3.3Gb and check out with AV software.

One of the issues is I'm having problems as the winsock is one of the files locked down every time I think I have the USB wireless sorted I reboot to find it has reverted.... Sorry I digress

wullieb: Yes that was my first port of call and can't find the model number

biggles: I'll try the serial one thanks (never say that one)

I will post the info for the alt.banaries group but would like the approval of a mod first I know not everyone is a fan of Usenet.

** If contributors help you, recognise them and give reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Good to see you back too Andy. Name:  71dd897d8dcab49ff1d92a6e947f0fc2.gif
Views: 14
Size:  6.2 KB
          Can you PM me the link so I can check it out before deciding if it of a suitable rating for our younger Members.

Ta.
          Last edited by biggles77; 30th April 2012, 01:28.
          11 was a racehorse.
          22 was 12
          1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
          ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Comment

Biggles

PM's sent.

The guys who's laptop it is has just found his recovery/OS disk which he said he had lost!! So as far as the laptop goes I'm sorted. Toshiba didn't even have it listed in discontinued models (go figure)

I will still await a PM from mod still before posting details of drivers I found.

Comment

PM sent re driver site. Many thanks Andy.
              11 was a racehorse.
              22 was 12
              1111 race 1 day

Comment

Working...
              X