Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendations for Service desk software

Hi,
    I am looking for Service desk software. Just like SD applications do, User should be able to record their problems , technicians can update those recorded problems, close issue and update with their findings. I am finding a free utility. Any one here has recommendations.
    I thank you in advance

Re: Recomendations for Service desk software

there are SOO many options it's not funny.
    Do you want time recording, for instance?

one option could be RT - (Request tracker) - it's free, and open source.
    A few months back, I had a list of about 100 products.

RT didn't do exactly what I needed, so ended up going with Autotask, which is much more fully featured, but also comes with a cost attached.

sigpic

Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Comment

Thanks tehcamel
      I will try Request tracker
      I had a search for SD software and found so many of them
      At moment I am looking for free utility
      Does Request tracker doing all ITIL stuff?

Comment

Liberum is very good FREE Helpdesk software and very customisable.
        11 was a racehorse.
        22 was 12
        1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
        ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Comment

I found RT is Linux / Unix based that require MySql and Open source web server.
          On other hand, Liberum is Windows based and can be hosted using MS IIS and MS SQL.
          For me, handeling Liberum would be much easier as it is based on MS products. I am still checking other vendors solution
          Thanks Biggles77 and tehCamel for assistance

Comment

Damn, forgot the most obvious one. If you are running SharePoint you can add the HelpDesk module. Works quite well.
            11 was a racehorse.
            22 was 12
            1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
            ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Comment

Working...
            X