Mailbox needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailbox needed

I have 25 user need to create e-mail for them, what is the lowest cost method.

I found this solution:
    - gmail
    - domain.com where I host my domain
    - fortimail 100c

So can any one help me to find the solution to setup e-mail for user but lowest cost because we new company

Re: Mailbox needed

The cheapest is for them to use a free service like gmail. But you won't have any control over the data.

Another option would be to use something like Google Apps or Office 365. Both start at $5 / mo / user. With this option (and any other option) you'll need to get a domain name.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Depends on the requirements of the company.

Do you need to keep email for an certain period of time???

Comment

honestly...?
        an old P3/P4 class server, with 2GB RAM.
        Install ubuntu or similar on it
        install SMTP stack and IMAP Stack.
        (all free, or exceedingly cheap so far)
        redirect your MX records to the gateway
        publish smtp from the gateway to the linux host

sorted
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

thx for replay i am already have a domain, and number of user is 25 user so free only give 10 user account.

and i am going to keep some of mail account online

about linux can i access it web, mobile and outlook

Comment

Look at the bigger picture too -- for 25 users, SBS is a very good option, and gives you
            "proper email" (calendars, contacts, sharing, journalling, transport rules....)
            Domain Security (file permissions etc)
            Central Update management
            SharePoint
            Lots, lots more...
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

For Google apps, u basically have basic things for anti-spam, email, collaboration, smart phone access, web client, backup/restore - support is always an issue i found.

if you want to host it urself with linux, i recommend Zimbra, an open source email software. http://www.zimbra.com/products/

if you host it urself, you have to think about anti-spam, backup/restore, maintenance

or like Ossian said, Windows SBS.

I helped my client setup Google apps, is easy. let me know if you need some help.

Comment

thx alot for all

another question if i am going to buy education from gmail or office 365 what should i do?

Comment

Can you explain what you mean?
                  do you mean "buy training" or "buy services at educational pricing"?
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I would suggest you need to evaluate which product etter suits your purpose, rather than going just on price
                    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

assuming u mean buying services,
                      gmail - contact google (http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/business/index.html)

Office 365 - contact reseller, if you are in Australia, contact Telstra.

or.. contact me directly for both..

Comment

Another optuion is to do the whole thing on your LAN.

If you own your domain name and have a static IP address you can edit your MX records so they point to your IP address.

Install free email server software on a machine and use that - no monthly fees etc.

Configure your router to pass traffic on port 25 to the server that hosts the email software installation.

The only downside to this is that you will need to deal with spam/UCE yourself. However, free email software usually has modules to deal with this.

But, if you want a hassle-free experience then certainly, go with GMail etc.
                        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
                        X