Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop independant audo and video streaming

Hi

I have a requirement to play itunes through the PC speakers and stream video through to a large projection screen without the desktop being shown.

Put another way, I would like to play music and stream video without the anyone seeing my desktop so that I can continue working on the same computer.

Obviously if I just connected an external projected to the video card and played the video and audio it would work but I need some way of just streaming the video to an external display.

Any suggestion on how I would do this without buying a second machine. Is there some type of video/TV card that would allow me to do this?

Thanks
    O

Re: Desktop independant audo and video streaming

Powerpoint Presentation mode?
    Or a media player that supports some sort of full screen mode
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Ossian, but won't both of those solutions open up on the desktop. If I open up my email or browser while the video is streaming, then the people watching the video will also see what I am doing.

I need to stream the video so that the people watching the video do not see my desktop and the applications I am opening up while the video is playing.

Regards

Comment

Well PP Presentation mode, with a second display, will work as you want, and in general a second display will show what you put on it only
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X