Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for share and sync app

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution for folder sync and sharing on the cloud.
    I'm already having a server and now I'm looking for a dropbox clone or any other app that will do the job.
    I prefer Freeware and Open-Source app but I will also take check for paid apps if they not involve a 3rd-party server

Thanks in advance

Re: looking for share and sync app

I'm guessing you're looking for something different than DFS.

Are you looking to be completely independent of services provided by a 3rd party? If not then Windows Live Mesh can sync files between computers.

If you are looking to be completely independent then what protocols are you looking to use? SMB, HTTP/S, etc? Do you have a VPN connection to the server?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Right now every protocol is an option, including WebDAV. The only one we're not using is VPN.
      It need to work like Windows Live Mesh but completely independent and controlled by us alone.
      We tried using folder sharing and sync by mapping FTP and cyberduck, but we also need the files to auto-sync and cyberduck don't have this option.

Comment

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions.

If this was a corporate environment then using DFS between two file servers would be the way to go but you would need to secure the connection with a VPN if the traffic is going to travel over the Internet.

Hopefully there are others that have some suggestions for you.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X