X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not access google vn website - it's weird

Hi,

Have anyone experienced on this ?

I can not access the website www.google.com.vn, every time I access (input the URL and enter), then I got a message required to download a file : google_com_vn.
    (Please see the attached file).

This issue happens for both Google Chrome, Internet Explorer but not Firefox. I tried to disable all IE add-ons, but still got this issue. I don't use any proxy.

It's very weird because I have problem with this url only (at least at this time). I can access google.ch or google.ca normally.

I have Free Avast Antivirus with Real time protection, I scanned all system but didn't find any malware or virus. I also tried to remove Avast and install Microsoft Security Essentials with lastest update and scan but no virus found.

I check IP & DNS as well as Host file but nothing strange

Could you please tell me which could cause this issue ?

Thanks so much.

Nguyen Phuc Nguyen
    Attached Files
    Love in vain is better than love no one.

Re: Can not access google vn website - it's weird

Why have you attached a ZIP file with a DOCX document inside? Why not take a screenshot, save it to Paint as a JPG and attach the image to the post.

There is NO WAY that I am going to open this file and risk a possible virus or Macro attack and I suggest nobody else does either unless you have a VM setup for opening potentially risky files like this.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Sorry, that's only my habit, save the screenshot to word file to have any comment instead of .jpg file.

I also attached the .jpg here.
      Attached Files
      Love in vain is better than love no one.

Comment

Its seems to me that something has stuffed up the file association.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/file-a...vista-released

That will help you if your on Vista/Win7.

Other then that, does it work if you type in www.google.com?
        If that works, what about going to www.google.com and googling www.google.com.vn, then when you click on the link does it take you the correct page?

Also, have you reinstalled Chrome? Have you reinstalled IE9?

Also, what happens when you click on www.google.com.vn right here? Does it ask for you to DL the file, or take you to the page.

Thanks,
        Wofen
        Good to be back....

Comment

Working...
        X