Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving from Pop Connector to Exchange - which spam filter do you reccomend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from Pop Connector to Exchange - which spam filter do you reccomend?

Hi All,

Im thinking about moving our email from externally hosted to our exchange server but the one thing thats put me off so far is managing spam. Does anyone use Spam Titan as a mail filtering\anti spam service and if so is it any good? Or would you reccomend another application? We have a single SBS 2008 box and will be installing the application on this.

Thanks

Re: Moving from Pop Connector to Exchange - which spam filter do you reccomend?

why not consider a service like Mimecast or GFI ?

they can sync automatically from your LDAP Servers (after you open firweall ports) and is an excellently reliable service for spooling mail if your host goes down.

We use it for heaps of clients for business continuity purposes
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Messagelabs (Now part of Symantec) is, IMHO, very good (despite the ownership )
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Messagelabs (Now part of Symantec) is, IMHO, very good (despite the ownership )
        And good value for money, if your first name is "Sheik"
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Here's a vote for Postini (Google). Most of my clients are on it and my company uses it as well. I think it's one of the best and easy to manage, IMO.
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Thanks guys, I did look into message labs a while back but never moved forward with it. I also looked at Trend - but thought otherwise. I like the idea of having the service external so the overhead on the SBS box isnt compramised,

Comment

If your looking at physical devices then i can't recommend Barracuda Spam Filters.

We use one at our office and around 97% of the email coming into our office is stoped because of spam.

Comment

We use mxlogic.com, whici s now owned by Mcafee. Never had a problem and they give good reports each month to show what they catch.

We also use GFI inhouse to police the mail server, even though it has only caught 2 items this past year mxlogic let slip through.

Hobie

Comment

Just to come back to this, I think we'll be going for Postini - it seems like it'll do the job. Just another quick question... We have 2 different domains which the dns is hosted externally. We rarely recieve much ont he old domain but have left it active for the time being - and set our new domain name as the default address.

My question is as we are using a pop connector to pull the mail for both of these domains and as I am only changing one from pop connector to exchange. Will it be ok to leave the pop connector pulling the mail for the old domain name email? Im guessing it will be but thought Id ask the question.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X