Webpages loading funny

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webpages loading funny

In the last month or so some web pages on some of the our workstations are loading funny. The images do not load and the format is way off. Odd thing is it doesn't happen all the time, even on the same web page and browser; it is very intermittent and I cannot duplicate the error. Sometimes all I have to do is reload the page and it looks fine. Again it does not happen all the time even on the same websites. Something tells me it is a reverse or forward look up issue with the server. Does this sound correct?

Any ideas? The browsers are all up to date with all Windows updates as well. There is no firewall or anything like that which might interfere with the website loading.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Re: Webpages loading funny

Anything in common -- OS, browser version?
    Do you use a caching proxy server of any sort?

Can you post a screenshot of a problem page

In general, if anything loads, DNS is OK, so no lookup issues, but lots of other possibilities
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

All of our workstations have Windows 7 installed so the OS is the same across the board and it is happening in Chrome and IE8. I tried to visit a few sites and replicate the error but I couldn't not. I will post a screenshot as soon as it happens again.

Very odd that it is not consistent and I agree that it seems like it wouldn't have anything to do with DNS since all web pages are available.

Comment

may not be related, but I have an issue with a laptop with onboard graphics (Intel Extreme, I think) where IE renders images in a very pixellated manner, so worth checking if the type of graphics card is a factor
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I would look into it being an issue with the Graphics Driver but it happens on multiple workstations and they have no other graphic issues. Also the images aren't pixilated they just have the image of a piece of paper with a break in the middle as if to say broken web page.

Comment

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like when it happens. This once is from Facebook in IE 8. In the pic it looks like the browser needs to be scrolled to the left to view everything but it is already full scrolled to the left.
            Attached Files

Comment

Any ideas?
              Last edited by AaronBHS; 18th August 2011, 16:33.

Comment

Please don't bounce your posts -- people are reading them
                If they had any ideas, someone would have posted a reply.

One thought -- what sort of internet connection do you have, and how fast is it?
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Oh yes, forgive me for asking for ideas a day after posting a screenshot. I have sinned...thou shalt not "bounce" on the only tech support forums on the internet......I will so straight to my church, beg profusely for forgiveness, then have my keeper whip my bare back until I lose conciseness.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronBHS View Post
                    Oh yes, forgive me for asking for ideas a day after posting a screenshot. I have sinned...thou shalt not "bounce" on the only tech support forums on the internet......I will so straight to my church, beg profusely for forgiveness, then have my keeper whip my bare back until I lose conciseness.
                    Sarcasm is definitely the lowest form of wit, and with that sort of attitude, please don't expect too much in the way of help from people who give up their free time to help you with your problem.

Please refer to the forum rules: http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=19, particularly #15
                    If you don't feel able to follow them, as you point out, there are other support forums available
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

"Sarcasm is definitely the lowest form of wit"- Not true, I googled it.

Comment

Do you have a proxy installed anywhere on the LAN???

Checked you firewall rules???

Comment

Working...
                        X